The following conventions are used in describing the KERNAL routines:
- FUNCTION NAME: Name of the KERNAL routine.
- CALL ADDRESS: This is the call address of the KERNAL routine, given in
- COMMUNICATION REGISTERS: Registers listed under this heading are used
to pass parameters to and from the KERNAL routines.
- PREPARATORY ROUTINES: Certain KERNAL routines require that data be set
up before they can operate. The routines needed are listed here.
- ERROR RETURNS: A return from a KERNAL routine with the CARRY set
indicates that an error was encountered in processing. The accumulator
will contain the number of the error.
- STACK REQUIREMENTS: This is the actual number of stack bytes used by
the KERNAL routine.
- REGISTERS AFFECTED: All registers used by the KERNAL routine are listed
- DESCRIPTION: A short tutorial on the function of the KERNAL routine is
The list of the KERNAL routines follows.