Publisher: Osborne/McGraw-Hill, 1984
ISBN: 0-88134-108-8 (Wikipedia Book Sources) (Wikipedian kirjalähteet)
Here's a manual for business professionals who want to design customized programs with dBASE II® software. Informative, clear and nontechnical in style, Using dBASE II® is a compendium of techniques presented to help you master this remarkable software package.
Using dBASE II®
- Covers dBASE II from installation through advanced programming concepts.
- Guides you to program development through a systematic appraoach.
- Shows you how to use dBASE II to create form letters, mailing lists, reports, and more.
- Describes the use of dBASE II with foreign files and application programs, as well as how to use dBASE II as a network-type data base management system.
- Includes dBASE II utilities, transaction-based processing, and debugging methods.
All the programming techniques that the serious dBASE II user needs to master this powerful data base management system are here, in Using dBASE II®.
|Chapter 1 Introduction to dBASE II||1|
|Chapter 2 Installing and Running dBASE II||17|
|Chapter 3 Files, Records, and Databases||23|
|Chapter 4 Introduction to Programming||37|
|Chapter 5 The System Design||53|
|Chapter 6 Designing the Menus||61|
|Chapter 7 Adding to a Database||71|
|Chapter 8 Editing a Database||83|
|Chapter 9 Transaction-Based Processing||99|
|Chapter 10 Creating Reports With dBASE II||109|
|Chapter 11 Screen Generators||123|
|Chapter 12 File Management||131|
|Chapter 13 Using dBASE II With Foregn Files and Application Programs||141|
|Chapter 14 Using dBASE II as a Network-Type Database Management System||151|
|Chapter 15 Query Methods With dBASE II||161|
|Chapter 16 Debugging Programs With dBASE II||167|
|Chapter 17 dBASE II Utilities||175|
|Chapter 18 From Development to Production||185|
|Appendix A Glossary||189|
|Appendix B Bibliography||193|
|Appendix C Product Directory||195|
|Appendix D Program Development Procedures||197|
|Appendix E Structures of Data Files and Indexes||201|
|Appendix F Error Messages||205|
|Appendix G Limitations and Constraints||211|
|Appendix H Commands and Functions||213|
|This page has been created by Sami Rautiainen.|
|Read the small print.||Last content update: 2004-06-26|